Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes in girls pocket

An 18 year old girl was at work when her Samsung Galaxy S III exploded in her pocket. If you have the guts to look at the photo of the burns to her leg, then here you go. To make a long story short, her boss had to tear her trousers off in order to save her. Go head and make your joke. Done? Right. Samsung Switzerland says they’re investigating the incident(see statement below) and will likely send the phone back to Korea for closer examination.


"Once we have been able to contact this person, we will launch a thorough investigation to shed light on the accident and, in this context, what is left of the phone will probably be sent to Korea. [Samsung submits its products to ] rigorous quality controls."-Mirjam Berger, spokesperson, Samsung Switzerland

What can you do to prevent this from happening to you? I hate to say this, but there’s really nothing you can do. You have to remember, Samsung has sold over 20 million of these. What I’m about to say is perverse, but if one or two out of 20 million explodes, then that’s probably deemed a success.

Anyway, this could have been a lot worse. I keep my phone on my nightstand, like a lot of other people probably do. Imagine if it exploded while me or you or your friend was asleep and a person’s head caught on fire. Ugh, terrible! (AndroidBeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment